Friday, April 13, 2012

The Easy Path or the Hard Road....



I've been in a funk.

For the past few weeks, I have been cranky, overly demanding, broody, snippy, kind of a "know-it-all" and just an overall unattractive version of myself.

And it has come naturally.

Being angry or frustrated, mean or foul-tempered - is relatively easy as human beings.

It is easy to see what is not going right or to plan in our lives. It is easy to look at someone else and decide they have something I deserve. It is easy to think that one thing or one success will make everything better. It is easy to focus on the lack rather than the abundance. It is easy to wallow in self-pity rather than be content in any situation.

But what I have come to realize is that I don't want to do what is easy. I don't want to go down the easy path. I want to do what is hard. I want to climb the mountain and traverse the rocky path. I want to face the obstacles in my life and with God's help I want to soar over them.

Taking the hard road - the difficult path - is not an easy choice, but it is who I want to be as a child of God. I don't want to fall into the trap of the easy answer - because the easy answer leaves me in a funk. I want to strive for the hard solution because in doing so I will be given the tremendous gift of seeing God's beauty and His presence all around me.

Scripture



Quote of the Day

“Happiness consists not in having much, but in being content with little.”
Marguerite Gardiner

Question of the Day

What is the one thing you can focus on that will help you be content?

GUMY SUNDAY....
 

No comments:

Post a Comment