Saturday, June 2, 2012

John 2:23-25 ~ Jesus Knows the Heart of Man



He didn't need others to tell him what people are like. He already knew what was in the human heart.
John 2:25

For me it has always been a curious thing to know that God always knows what I am thinking, what I am doing and what I about to do. He knows me at the deepest part of my heart. He knows all the good about me and He knows all the bad - even the bad I do not know or will not admit to myself exists.

God knows all.

And as God in human flesh, Jesus knew all too. He knew the hearts and the minds of all of those around him. He knew when people, who professed faith were untrue. He knew when those who believed him were honestly in love with him.

And just as he knew the hearts of men and women two thousand years ago, he knows our hearts today.

There is a laundry list of differences between mankind and God, but one which I think is most evident is that we as men and women see with our eyes; God sees with His heart.

Often I hear people question the devotion of another's faith. I will hear people say that someone is full of faith or maybe that someone has a shallow faith - all based on what they see on the outside of a person. For sure, people will glow with the joy of salvation when they are followers of Christ, but it is not our place nor is it within our skill set to determine what is in the heart of another man or woman.

The judgement for how deeply another believes is only in the hands of God - not of man.

If you think about it, all of the disciples trusted Judas for three years. And if anyone had asked them about Judas, they surely would have stated that he was the most devout and faithful of men, when in fact he was known to the Lord to be his betrayer from the very on set.

 We see with our eyes and must trust what we see.

Only God can judge the hearts of men and women, because only God truly knows what is our hearts.

Scripture


 Quote of the Day

"A man may think God sleeps, but God sees everything..." 
The Crucible

Question of the Day

What can God reveal to you of your heart?



No comments:

Post a Comment