Monday, June 18, 2012

John 5:16-21 ~ Be Amazed



Jesus answered, "What I'm about to tell you is true. The Son can do nothing by himself. He can do only what he sees his Father doing. What the Father does, the Son also does. This is because the Father loves the Son. He shows him everything he does. Yes, you will be amazed! The Father will show him even greater things than these.
John 5:19-20

You will be amazed.

I love that Jesus straight out tells us the truth. You will be amazed.

When I think about what it means to be amazed my thoughts go to things that are bigger than life.

I am amazed by the fact that airplanes stay in the sky.
I am amazed that hockey players can jump two feet off the ice and land on a quarter inch piece of metal.
I am amazed that an averaged size man can hit a round ball going ninety miles an hour 400 feet with a round bat.
I am amazed that rainbows exist.
I am amazed that babies figure out how to crawl pretty much on their own.
I am amazed by the overwhelming blessings in my life.
I am amazed by the overwhelming grace God offers.

I am amazed...are you?

Everyday we have the opportunity to be amazed by simply experiencing the life God has put before us. Instead of simply taking for granted that the water will come from the faucet or the gas will make the car run, we can take a moment and allow all of the modern conveniences God has inspired man to create are available to us - because not everyone has that gift.
We can be amazed.

We can take the opportunity to listen to a friend recount his or her story - allowing that story to transform us.
We can be amazed.

Tomorrow, as we face another hot, sultry day of summer, we can laugh with joy over the beauty which springs up in flowerbeds and gorgeous trees.
We can be amazed.

We can pull out our Bibles and read of the unabashed love God has showered on His creation.
We can be amazed.

We have opportunities to see the amazing wonderfulness of our Creator which overflow each day. Our responsibility is to take each of those moments, pause and truly be amazed.

Be amazed - because God is amazing.

Scripture

Quote of the Day

“If you tell people where to go, but not how to get there, you'll be amazed at the results.”
General George S. Patton

Question of the Day

What amazes you?

No comments:

Post a Comment