Friday, February 3, 2012

You are a Masterpiece


I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made
Psalm 139:14

Do you ever think about the masterpieces God creates?

From my back deck I have an amazing view of the western sky and often in the spring, summer and early fall I am treated to a painting which cannot be duplicated outside of God’s paintbrush in the sky. As I watch the sun dip behind the trees, I find myself unable to break my gaze from the beauty and I can almost hear my heart singing praise.

God’s masterpieces are not limited to beautiful sunrises or sunsets; they can be found in the gentle slope of a mountain, the angelic voice of a performer, the laugh of a child, the loveliness of a smile….And each one of you.

We are God’s masterpieces. We, each of us, were made in God’s own image. He created us as purely and poetically as he creates the sunsets and the stars in the heavens.

We may falter and stumble and get a few smudges on ourselves, but we are still God’s works of art.

When you begin to think that you aren’t worthy of something or that you will never accomplish your goal; when the words of someone penetrate your heart and make you doubt who you are; when your fear overrides your ability to trust …
When all of this occurs and more…REMEMBER…you are a MASTERPIECE.

Scripture

Quote of the Day
When love and skill work together, expect a masterpiece.
John Ruskin

Question of the Day

When have you felt as if you were fearfully and wonderfully made?

No comments:

Post a Comment