Saturday, August 31, 2013

To Whom Much is Given....

 
 
 
From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked.
Luke 12:48
 
When you think about your life...what thoughts run through your mind?
Do you consider yourself blessed or cursed?
 
I consider myself extremely blessed.
Even if I hadn't been born in a country that was free, or to a family where I was adored, or with advantages I would still consider myself blessed - because I know Jesus.
 
Everything else - my job, my family, my education...even my country would be nothing if I didn't have Jesus.
 
But knowing Jesus - being in a relationship requires constant attention.
Attention to my relationship with him as well as attention to the incremental blessings he has given to me.
 
Recently, I heard someone say that the blessings in my life weren't just for me but they were for everyone I encounter.
 
I consider the blessing of my relationship with Jesus - as well as the other multitude of blessings -  to be a blessing to share.
 
Each day I wake up, I have the privilege and responsibility of representing Jesus to the world around me. How I share him and his blessings often is how those around me perceive Jesus - right or wrong my relationship with Jesus is a bridge to help others find a relationship with him.
 
Some days, when I think about the duty of sharing Jesus with others I get all tangled up inside:
What if I say the wrong thing?
What if I snap at someone?
What if someone I talk to doesn't like my hair - and then doesn't like Jesus?
I know...a little crazy - but honest.
 
I take the responsibility of sharing the love of Jesus very seriously...
To Whom Much Has Been Given - Much is Required.
 
I have been given much - I have been give the eternal love of a Savior.
And I am motivated to share that love with everyone I meet so that all of those someones might be given the same gift - and mission.
 
You have been given much....what will you do with it?
 
Quote
One person can make a difference and every person should try.
John F. Kennedy
 
Scripture
 
 
GUMY CHALLENGE
 
Answer to Clue #12: Gold
 
Clue #13: What were Jesus's final words on the cross.....


No comments:

Post a Comment