Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Comfort in His Arms...



“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.”
Matthew 11:28

A daddy's arms...A mother's touch...A friends comfort...
Those are places of safety and peace. They draw visions of calm and serenity.
This is the vision Jesus offers to each of us when he calls, "Come to me..."

Come to me my princess; Come to me my prince; Come to me my daughter; Come to me my son...

Come to me - I will give you peace.
Come to me - I will give you strength.
Come to me - I will relieve your burden.
Come to me - I will love you.

Jesus wants to give you his comfort and his peace. We do not need to walk through this world alone. Our burdens are not individual - they are shared with the One who loved us enough to give up everything to be with us.

He is calling to you...Will you come?

Scripture

Quote of the Day

The Lord replied,
"The times when you have
seen only one set of footprints,
is when I carried you."
Quote from Footprints in the Sand
Mary Stevenson

No comments:

Post a Comment