Friday, December 23, 2011

God's Eternal Christmas Present


 “Glory to God in the highest heaven, and on earth peace to those on whom his favor rests.”
Luke 2:14

Do you ever feel like life is an uphill battle?

There are days when all I want to do is crawl back into bed (or fall back on the couch), pull my comforter over my head and pretend that the world outside didn't exist. I get frustrated and filled with anxiety over the atrocities through out the world and even right here in my own little corner. Sometimes, I want to scream or cry over the obstacles that seem to fall in my path. Life just isn't fair...

We all face difficulties in life. We have road blocks dropped in the middle of our paths and obstacles which force us in different directions. We have unanswered prayers and painful realizations. We hear of the horrors people face and the true evil in the world.

And, yet we are called "favored".

God has given us the blessing of His love and His grace. He has promised us a place in Heaven with Him:

 “Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe also in me. My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am.
John 14:1-3

No matter how difficult life becomes; no matter the roadblocks or the obstacles; no matter the worries and the wars; no matter what this world throws at each of us we know that God is always with us and that He is sending His Son to bring us Home with Him.

Do not let your hearts be troubled...I am going to prepare a (home) for you...(I will) take you to be with me...

What an amazing promise of hope for our future with the LORD. 

Could their be a better Christmas present from a Father to His favored children? 

Scripture

Quote of the Day

"When we encounter storms, Jesus asks us, "Why are you afraid? Have you still no faith?" Each storm is an invitation to trust Jesus, to remember his care"
Richard Vincent

Question of the Day

What does the home Jesus is preparing for you look like in your mind?

Don't forget Christmas Eve Service...it is actually at 7:30PM - NOT 7PM...but it is always good to get to church a little early to get a seat for the beautiful and moving candlelight service!

No comments:

Post a Comment