Thursday, October 27, 2011

The I in We....



What are you going to do today?

I am guessing you would answer that question something like this…


“Well, I’m going to eat breakfast, brush my teeth and then go to school (work). I will talk to my friends, learn something new and then come home. Tonight I will check my email, watch some TV, eat dinner and go to bed.” And get up and do it all again tomorrow.

How would your day differ if you went from and “I” to a “We”?

What would happen in your day if you went from “I am going to…” to “God, what are we going to do today?

Everyday we have the opportunity to invite God into every aspect of our lives – even the mundane and the seemingly trivial. God wants to be your Leader – to be your Captain. We are called to be His followers.

During this year’s World Series, there was a bit of miscommunication between the Manager of the St. Louis Cardinals and the Bull Pen. He called down and asked for two specific pitchers to warm up, but the Bull Pen Coach only heard one name. Then an inning later, the Manager called to the Bull Pen Coach again and asked for a specific pitcher to warm up, but the Coach misunderstood and had a different pitcher warm up. The wrong pitcher went to the mound for the change in pitchers and the Manager had to come out onto the field, after only one batter, to dismiss the pitcher and bring in the original pitcher he wanted from the very first phone call.

This confusion of miscommunication played out on national television, during one of the most important games of the year, because the Bull Pen Coach wasn’t listening intently to his Manager. He simply wasn’t connected with his leader. The same thing can happen to each of us if we do not ask God to be our Leader in every situation. We can have trouble hearing Him clearly when we only ask Him in during big moments, because we are out of practice hearing His voice. However, if we seek God as our Leader in the tiny things – even going to school and eating dinner – we will be clear as to what His direction is during the big events of life.

So today, when you think, “What am I going to do today?”…why not ask, “What are we going to do?”

Imagine what could happen if you let the Great I AM be the "I" in your "We".

Scripture

Quote of the Day
A leader is a dealer in hope.
Napoleon Bonaparte

Question of the Day
What is your favorite baseball team?


DON'T FORGET...5TH SUNDAY FUN FOR GUMY JR/SR THIS SUNDAY, OCTOBER 30TH...PLEASE RSVP BY FRIDAY, OCTOBER 28TH

No comments:

Post a Comment