Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Letting Go of the Boulder - Selah



The LORD is with me; I will not be afraid.
   What can mere mortals do to me?
Psalm 118:6

Some days I feel like I am pushing a one thousand pound boulder up a steep incline without any support. I get frustrated and fearful that I am in this world alone. In these times I allow the world to dictate my thoughts, but often I hear God in my heart saying:

'Selah'

Selah is a word we often see in the psalms. It is placed in the melodic phrases so that the reader or the singer will pause, stop and listen with his or her heart to what the Lord is saying; to take pause and simply be in the moment - to allow the Lord to wash over him or her.

In our world we will face many days when we are pushing a proverbial boulder up a hill. We will get frustrated and fatigued. We will become fearful over what the future holds. We will feel alone, left out and on an island no one else wants to reach.

But in the midst of these, and many more, woes we have the encouragement that God is always with us - what should we fear?

When those days of boulders bear down upon you take a moment - Selah - and listen to the love song the Lord is singing to you:

I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with unfailing kindness. I will build you up again, and you...will be rebuilt....go out to dance with the joyful
Jeremiah 31:3-4

Regardless of the situation, regardless of how huge your boulder is, the Lord is always with you and always cheering you on.

Today, take a moment and Selah.
Be patient, wait upon the Lord, delight in all that He has done for you and know that He is bigger than every boulder.

Scripture

Quote of the Day

Everything is okay in the end, if it's not ok, then it's not the end.
Anonymous

Question of the Day
How can you find time today to focus on God's grace?

GUMY is back this Sunday, January 15th
GUMY prep - 5PM
GUMY Dinner - 5:45 PM
GUMY JR - 6:15PM

If you are an adult who reads this blog, please join us for a special activity Sunday evening at 6:30PM.

Questions? email me: courtneyhilbert@aol.com

No comments:

Post a Comment