Friday, January 13, 2012

The Truth Never Lies



All you need to say is simply ‘Yes’ or ‘No’; anything beyond this comes from the evil one.
Matthew 5:37

"It is the truth - no seriously it is the truth."
"I promise - there is 100% satisfaction guaranteed"
"9 out of 10 customers agree, this is the very best..."

Why do we always feel the need to overemphasize a statement?

We like to embellish the truth - going above and beyond a simple, "yes, it is snowing outside" or "no, I didn't take out the trash."

Instead we like to say:
"YES! I've never seen so much snow before in my life. This is the worst I have ever seen road conditions. Never before has anything ever been this bad!"
or
"I just forgot to take the trash out. I was really going to do it, but this thing came up and then I had to go and save a kitten in a tree and then I lost an arm..."

As people of faith, one of our goals in life should be to allow what we say to be the truth; the simple, uncomplicated truth.

Honesty is at the core of who we are as Christians:

Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. If you really know me, you will know[a] my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him.”
John 15:6-7

Our pathway to God is through Jesus. He is truth and the truth never lies.

We cannot live in lies or half-truths and expect to have a relationship with God. We must be honest with ourselves, those around us and most importantly with God.

Let your yes, be yes and your no, be no...seems like a pretty simple concept, but in a world built on twisting and turning the smallest of things into a distorted vision of their former state, being a truly honest and straight forward person can be a challenge. But knowing that a relationship with God is the reward for living honestly is worth the challenge.

Scripture

Quote of the Day

If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything.
~Mark Twain
Question of the Day

When have you had the opportunity to be honest - - but made the choice to follow a dishonest path?

GUMY this SUNDAY NIGHT!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment