Saturday, November 12, 2011

Clay in the Potter's Hands



I went down to the potter’s house, and I saw him working at the wheel. But the pot he was shaping from the clay was marred in his hands; so the potter formed it into another pot, shaping it as seemed best to him.
Jeremiah 18:3-4

Have you ever watched a potter work clay into a pot?

As the wheel spins, based on his directed speed, the potter will mold the clay. He tenderly pulls the clay upward, applying water and pressure to form a unique creation. At times the potter may need to press down on the clay if the pot is not forming the way he had envisioned and begin to form a new pot, but the potter never gives up on the clay. His patience and skill come from years of working with clay and forming objects which are both beautiful and useful.

We are like the clay. We are constantly being reformed and reshaped into the person God wants us to be. Sometimes, when we make choices outside of God's plan for our lives, we will find ourselves pushed down so that we can be remolded, but He always treats us with the tender authority, like the potter with the clay.

God is creating you to be a beautiful and useful person with a distinct purpose.

If you attune yourself to His hands, His will and His voice, you will begin to feel Him shape and mold you into the person He wants you to be; the person you are intended to be.

Creation was made because God spoke it into being; but with man, God got His hands a little dirty. He bent down and formed man from the dust, breathing His own breath of life into His creation. God has been the Master Potter from the beginning. Allow Him to form you into the holy creation He desires you to be.

Scripture

In the Potter’s Hands
by Raymond A. Foss
 September 3, 2007 15:05
I am clay in the potter’s hands
Mold me, shape me, make me
What you will of me
Use me for your purposes
Imbue me with the skills, the spirit
To serve where you would have me serve
Performing the services you would intend
Wherever you would send me
However you would will me
To send me forth
From this space, this place
Into the world
As your servant, your son
Your child, in your image,
The image of your son,
Our brother, our example,
Our savior, like us clay
Held in the potter’s hands
Question of the Day

Have you created a piece of art that reflected you? What was it and how did you create it?


No comments:

Post a Comment