Saturday, November 26, 2011

I am My Beloved's and He is Mine





Beloved.

It is an old fashioned word of endearment. To be one's beloved is to be cherished beyond measure, to be loved unconditionally, and to be sought after with persistence. To be beloved is to receive unconditional love from another; you don't earn the title of beloved it is given freely, with no strings attached.

When you are beloved you are pure beauty in the eyes of the one who loves you. If you are beloved, the message you hear will always be grounded in the words of positive joy, even if they are words of accountability. Being truly cherished means being loved for who you are; from the inside out.

This is how God sees you.

You are God's beloved.

My beloved spoke and said to me, “Arise, my darling, my beautiful one, come with me...Arise, come, my darling; my beautiful one, come with me.”
(Song of Solomon 2:10, 13)

Each day, God reaches out His hand and speaks these words to you. "Arise, by beautiful one...come with me..." He sees you as the beautiful creation you are. He knows you have faults, but they do not diminish or tarnish the love He has for you. You are beautiful and cherished; Loved and adored by the Beloved who created you.

Do you hear Him calling to you?

"Arise, my darling...my beautiful one...come with me..."

How will you respond?

My beloved is mine and I am his...
(Song of Solomon 2:16)

Everything else in life will fall into place when we answer the call of our Beloved.

Scripture

Quote of the Day

Looking back, I have this to regret, that too often when I loved, I did not say so.
David Grayson

Question of the Day

What does it mean to know that God is calling you to be His beloved?

No comments:

Post a Comment